Yosemite start up

Reaction score
hi all I'm new to this site so be gentle on me lol
i dowloaded the OS X 10.10.1about a month ago and since then iv had trouble when i start up in the mornings

turn on mac apple logo and loading bar appear then bar fills up and goes and I'm left with a blank white/gray page some times it will then go and allow me to log in other times it will stay there for ages what can i do to resolve this any help would be handy

kevin

Reaction score
Kevin,

First of all, what specific Mac model do you have?

Secondly, were you using Yosemite V10.10.0 (version when it first came out? If you were, was everything working fine?

Third, did you do a backup before downloading and installing the update, V10.10.1?

Fourth, do you have another Mac? If you do, then you can boot the "problematic" Mac in Target Disk Mode, and use Disk Utility on the good Mac to analyze/repair the hard drive on your problematic Mac.

Reaction score
im not 100% sure as I'm not the best with computers but we removed some temp files and its worked ever since

Ask a Question