Want to downgrade

Reaction score
At our office we are using an older Quark program that any machine running more than 10.4 wont run.
Question is, how do we clear that hard drive and install like 9.4 on it, have the disk to do that with.
thanks guys, Mac is a new venture for me so any and all help is very much apprecitated.

Reaction score
Hi Rees Guide,

Just install 9.4 with the disk, it should overwrite whatever you have running at the moment. :)

-Chuck

Reaction score
Rees,

Before proceeding with Chuck38's suggestion, you need to make a backup FIRST of your current system, in case something goes wrong. The best (and easiest) software to use for that is the earlier version of SuperDuper!. Here is a link to download it:

http://superduper.en.softonic.com/mac

This will make a bootable backup of your current system on the external device you choose for the backup. If you have any issues with the 9.4 installation, you can easily recover from that backup.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, when I got to the printers yesterday, who said he had the disk no problem, he tells me he hasn't had time to look for it and really when he thinks about it he is not sure he can find it. In other words he most likely wont be looking for it.

Ask a Question