Virus?.

Reaction score
when I try to log on to Facebook and Gmail or Yahoo mail I get a tag screen that says certificate not approved, non approved link, or something like that. I get the same message if I use chrome Firefox or Safari.I can however use the rest of my programs or websites

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of Mac OS X?
-Is your network at home, or at school/work?

C

Reaction score
MacBook air
Osx10.8.5
The net work is in Mexico
When I try to use the update software I get an error code that says I cannot connect to the Internet
Yet all my other programs are hooked to the Internet and working.
I have been using this device in Mexico for years.

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Just to clarify your issues:

-Certificate issues - not approved for Facebook/Gmail/Yahoo, no matter which browser.
-Apple Software Update states it cannot connect to the Internet.
-You CAN connect and browse the Internet otherwise.

A few questions:

-Can you access the iTunes Store?
-Are you using that Mac to post here?

C

Reaction score
When I try to connect to iTunes it says the certificate for this server is invalid you might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be init.iTunes.com

No, I am using my iPad for this forum

Reaction score
Just checking in again. Should I assume you can't help si nice you hav not replied .Can you suggest another contact?

Reaction score
I stopped by our little hole in the wall computer guy's shop in my little mexican town today. Told the guy who helps out, what was going on with my Mac. He said bring it in I think I know whats wrong. I took it in and in 5 min he had it fixed. The time clock had gotten off by a year when the battery went dead. He reset the time and everything works fine.He said he has had maybe 50 times he has seen thin same problem.
Kinda thought a forum with professionals would have known about that little issue with mac.
I received 2 responses in 5 days, not exactly timely if your with out your computer email etc.
I would rate this site as " not worth your time" for anyone else needing help.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It was a holiday weekend here in the US, and then a very busy work week.

We are glad the issue has been resolved. The system time being off would definitely cause that and other issues. It sounds like you have a good source for support in your town.

Always feel free to post questions here in the forums, we are glad to help when we can. The member base here are all unpaid volunteers, not paid support professionals, that enjoy helping people as their individual personal time permits.

C

Ask a Question