unzipping multiple zip files always with same password - then deleting

Reaction score
Hi all - after spending all morning searching the web for a solution to this and drawing a blank - I thought lets hit the forums ... so ...

I receive multiple zip archives containing a .csv file from my customer all with the same password - we can receive anything from 10 to 200 zips in a day

I want to have a automator script or application that allows me to drop them into a watch folder or a desktop app and have them extract using the correct password (can be hardcoded as its always the same) and then delete the .zip files after they extract so all that is left is the opened .csv files in the watched folder or where they were copied/dropped from

i can find a watch folder script but don't understand how i get the password usage text into that script so it actually unzips the file - the script basically auto runs all the files and because it has no password - just cancels and fails in the unzip process and then deletes the file leaving nothing ...

HELP ... :)

thanks in advance

Paul

Reaction score
man unzip

Thanks for your astounding help - I have upto 200 password protected files every day by manually unzipping - I have to copy and paste every time the password for them to complete the unzip process

Apologies for my assumption that people might help in this forum and offer some useful advice - hopefully not all of your 3422 messages are as sarcastic as the one you posted above

Maybe you could offer some useful advice for everyone else's problems here as well ... like a general - turn it off and on again

Reaction score
man is the built in manuals in terminal,
if you type "man unzip" in terminal you will find the answer to your question.
How to unzip and provide a password.

You sound like a business seeking free IT support, why don't you pay some who knows what they are doing to build you a workflow, if you can't follow very simple instructions.

Reaction score
man is the built in manuals in terminal,
if you type "man unzip" in terminal you will find the answer to your question.
How to unzip and provide a password.

You sound like a business seeking free IT support, why don't you pay some who knows what they are doing to build you a workflow, if you can't follow very simple instructions.

Simple instructions ? ... Man Unzip ... they're instructions? really ... in what world do they constitute instructions that anyone would understand in relation to what was asked - a question which was about automator and a workflow script - they actually bear no relevance !!!

Now you actually decide to mention terminal window ... what you actually first sent makes some sort of sense ... its no wonder PC users think all mac users are knobheads with our heads up our arses

i'm not a business seeking free IT support so please don't assume who or what I am ... i'm asking for HELP with a solution for something that i have found the scripting to do most of the job - just not all the job - and wanting help with the next stage to help with my own learning - i've already looked at various resources and various scripts and tried multiple times without any success ... but i realise you know nothing about automator or workflow scripting as you would have mentioned something relevant to that application if you did - so from that perspective you answered my question in that what you have to say with regard to my original post is as useful as a chocolate teapot !!

its like someone asking about lightroom and you tell them they should be using photoshop - completely F'ing useless !!!

Do you honestly think everyone goes straight to a forum and asks for an answer like its free tech support ... if that's the case i suggest you stop answering forum posts ... but it looks like you need your daily fix of points scored to keep your oh so important VIP status on here ...

All the best with your expansive answers on the next requests that get posted ... maybe you might actually explain in your next few hundred answers and expand on what you mean to the people here who are seeking HELP ... as that looks like the content of the majority of posts on here if you actually look ...

Try not to get blinded by your own self importance and your vast knowledge of all things MAC ... and take the time to read what the person actually asked and if you can't answer with any relevance then please don't bother ... not everyone is comfortable with using terminal as if you don't know what your doing you can F things up pretty quickly ...

if you feel like you have anything to offer regrading the original request ... AUTOMATOR ... i'll look forward to hearing from you ... if not ... please keep your vast knowledge to yourself ...

Keep racking up those points ... you get a free set of whiskey tumblers at 5000 !!!

Ask a Question