Uninstallation Problems with Civilization 5?

Reaction score
I am pretty new to the Mac world and I am having some problems (I'm unsure if anyone knows how to fix it). I have a MacBook Pro and I'm updated to the 10.9.5 if that makes any difference to my problem. So I have Steam on my computer and I bought Civilization 5 which takes quite a bit of disk space. I bought a new game which requires A LOT of disk space as well and I had the idea that I could uninstall Civ 5 to make space for my new game. I deleted the icon that I had for it and I couldn't find any other files associated with the game. I went onto Steam and control clicked the game and deleted all local files so now Steam shows that it isn't installed. However, when I go to install my game it shows my disk space hasn't changed at all. Is there somehow a way that Civ 5 can still have files on my computer I'm unaware of? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Reaction score
Top tip I got the day after I got my mac was to use a program called "Clean My Mac 3" Sometimes programs store data in obscure places, this program is quite good at finding and deleting remnants of deleted software (it also has an integrated uninstaller which I find quite useful to do both at one) So if it's not dropping the memory as much as you would expect, that could be it. But since you say you've not dropped at all I'll have to agree with Cory, try emptying the recycle bin.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Unfortunately FrenchMassacre, we don't recommend apps like CleanMyMac and MacKeeper, as they have been known to cause all sorts of stability and performance issues. They are usually more trouble than they are worth. Some folks do have success with them and do not experience any issues, but the vast majority do.

C

Ask a Question