Uninstall Yosemite

Reaction score
How hard do they make it to do that? I used to have a lot of respect for this company. But when they implement changes that restrict my choices of what to buy so they might get a little more money it has to stop. For me at least.

I cannot download software from any company that does not sell thru the apple protection racket because I won't use a password in my computer. All that's missing is the threats and bruises. This version of the soft ware FORCES me to have to type my password every time I turn around. Put one thing in the trash? Yawn. Put two things in the trash and it's "papers comrade, you are probably a terrorist".

I live in the middle of nowhere and if a local stole my mac he wouldn't know what to do with it. So I have never and will never type a password in my own damn computer to do anything. My pass word has always the blinking cursor in the papers comrade window, it hit enter and it over. I still hate it. But I shall run screaming back to 10. something other than yosemimafia. I left two hitches in Vietnam with terminal authority loathing. It's only grown over the last 48 or so years.

Will someone tell me what's involved in backing out of this OS?

Thanks for your time

Ron

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
We may be able to resolve the issues you are having without reverting back to an older version of OS X.

Every version of the Mac OS has required a password for most things, especially for installing software, changing settings, etc. You can have a blank password, which would then only require you to press the Return or Enter key when prompted for a password.

You can install software from discs that you purchase outside of the Mac App Store. They simply have to be compatible with your Mac and OS X version. But, to install any software, it will prompt you for a password.

It shouldn't prompt you for a password to put single or multiple items in the Trash, unless they are from specific folders like Library, System, etc.. There are settings that can turn off the prompt to confirm you want to empty the Trash in Finder > Preferences.

The disk permissions might be corrupted if the OS isn't acting correctly. You can use Disk Utility to repair them. If you don't know how to do that, let us know and we can provide the steps.

If you have a Time Machine backup of your hard drive with an older version of OS X on it, and really want to revert :
OS X Yosemite: Revert to a previous OS X version

If you don't have a backup of your data/files, then it can be quite a long and involved process to backup your data, erase the hard drive, install an older version of OS X, reinstall all your apps, and move you data back. That would probably be best done with someone local that can help you in person.

Hope that helps a little with your frustration,

C

Ask a Question