Undo partition of HD

Reaction score
Hello, I seem to have partitioned my One Hardrive into two. Now i have the original drive that boots up the the OSX and another one "Mac HD2".

My question is how do i undo this accidental partition. And how to preserve the files i have stored on this new "HD 2".

Reaction score
Drag the files off "HD 2"
Use Disk Utility, click on the Partition and click Minus.
No promises:)

The only guaranteed way is to reformat the drive, and you'll need to copy EVERYTHING off before you do that!!!

Reaction score
Hello, I seem to have partitioned my One Hardrive into two. Now i have the original drive that boots up the the OSX and another one "Mac HD2".

My question is how do i undo this accidental partition. And how to preserve the files i have stored on this new "HD 2".

Delete HD2 from disk utility and drag the OS X partition to take all its space. By the way, why not let the other partition live. You should have more than 1-2 partitions for your hard drive. Read benefits here http://techlogon.com/2011/07/24/benefits-of-partitioning-a-hard-drive/

Ask a Question