Uncharted territory iPod

Reaction score
Never even saw one till a few years ago. I'm considering purchasing one but need to know about the way the thing is set up at the factory. I have all my music, by that I mean songs I wrote and recorded, and many albums of my favorite cds purchased and imported into iTunes. I need to know how to wipe the contents of the Apple iPod Nano 4th Generation16 gig and if I can just upload the imported music in iTunes to the drive w/ a usb cable. Also please what charger is compatable with this device. I didn't know they needed one till a few minutes ago. I copied the name of the device from the ebay page and AFAIK I can't change it back to a more appropriate font like in my email app. I'm not yelling or mad. With all the paranoia from the movie and music industry I don't know what kind of "protection" is loaded into this thing regarding what I do with the music on my computer i.e. listen to it in my car. Thanks

Ron

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

You can sync your music to the iPod via iTunes quite easily. There are restrictions as to what file types are supported:
iPod nano (4th generation) - Technical Specifications

Apple has an online guides on how to use the iPod nano:
-Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB
-iPod nano (4th generation) Troubleshooting Assistant

Most computers can charge the iPod nano with the USB cable. If you want an AC adapter to charge it via a wall outlet using the iPod USB cable:
Apple 5W USB Power Adapter

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Update I found a gen 4 vesion w20 gig @ 49.95 Part of the appeal of this one is there's an on board EQ, I hope it's a decent addition to the claimed above average sound quality. I was attracted to the newer ones with SSD on board. But all I want is a replacement for my car radio. Which in rural region where I live is 95% unlistenable and my old 2k Outback came with a cassette player `Bought it used a year ago. And I have tons of cassettes laying around so I was fine till that also began to misbehave. This is a better choice since I won't be searching for the one I want while driving.

The upside of a rural area is the majority of the time, there isn't anyone coming the other way or behind me. Thank you again for your help it was timely and just what I needed.

Now I get to go play plummer.

Ron

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...glad to have helped.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

C

Ask a Question