Unable to send email 'MCMailErrorDomain error 1045'

Reaction score
Hi. Hoping someone can help me solve this issue pls. In process of moving from macbook 10.5 to a new macbook running 10.10.3. One of my email accounts works fine on old machine but is not working on new one. Yahoo mail works fine but my other mail account does not. I can receive but not send. I get the following error message. This is all on Mail btw.

"The operation couldn’t be completed. (MCMailErrorDomain error 1045.)
Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent".

I have tried suggestions from the web including: ensuring i have .com on the end of usernames within the email account settings page for both SMTP server and regular username and removing then re-entering passwords. None has worked.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Who is the email provider of the account that doesn't work...i.e. @yourcompany.com, @yourschool.edu, etc.?
-Does that account's SMTP server show in the drop-down list?

C

Reaction score
Thanks Gary

It's my company email (2 man band so IT issues are self managed). Yes that account's SMTP server does show in the drop down list.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Try selecting it, then double checking the settings for your account. Make sure your account name is the same in the incoming section as it is in the SMTP section. Don't Also, depending on how your account is setup - POP or IMAP, the port and authentication settings need to be correct. You can use Mail Connection Doctor function of Mail to test it and see if it is connecting or not.

C

Reaction score
cracked it.....It was to do with the unsecured connection setting on in the POP email account. Thanks for the assistance Cory

Ask a Question