Trouble connecting genie go to Mac

Reaction score
Hello I have a new genie go and I downloaded the app and got it up and running. I can access my recorded programs on my mobile devices but for some reason my Mac is not finding the genieGO. I have a netgear router. I'm not sure if somehow the Mac security is blocking me from accessing the genieGO or if its the router or what. Anyone have any ideas? I've talked to directv and netgear and netgear wants to charge me $50 to talk to them for 13 min which I refuse to do. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Nick Bolson

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It seems a lot of people are having issues with GenieGO on the Mac.

-Are you getting any errors?
-Are you using the iOS app with the same router/Internet connection?

C

Reaction score
Yes everything is on the same router/Internet connection as we only have one router and one wifi option. The only message I get is right after I click on the app icon it says loading and then "cannot find genieGO".

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...thanks.

Check in Apple > System Preferences... > Security > Firewall and see if it is turned on. If so, turn it off and try connecting.

-What version of OS X?
-What brand router/modem - is it supplied by your ISP?

C

Ask a Question