Toast 12 Titanium Too Slow to Use

Reaction score
I just installed Toast 12 Titanium to create DVDs. But when I tried to use it, after two hours, the Encoding was at less than 10%.

I'm using a MAC Mini, Yosemite, and the MAC Superdrive DVD player/writer.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what settings I should be adjusting?

Thank you.

Reaction score
I also have Toast (version 11.2), a Mac Mini, the NEC DVD drive that I "pulled" out of my defunct (and long gone) Mac Pro and placed inside an external case (attached to my Mac Mini via a USB cable), and the latest version of Yosemite (10.10.2). It's been a while since I "burned" (created) either a CD (usually what I do for music) or a DVD, but when I used Toast previously (under Mavericks), it was not a slow process.

Not sure if 1) version 12 of Toast is the issue, 2) having the stock, slow 5400 rpm drive that ships with the Mac Mini is the issue, 3) if Yosemite is an issue, or 4) some combination of some or all of those. Myself, I replaced the slow, 1 TB 5400 rpm drive that came with my Mac Mini (and installed that drive in a nice, slim external case), and put in a 256 Gig Samsung 840 Pro SSD, but my machine is definitely significantly faster with the SSD.

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the thoughtful reply. I finally gave up and uninstalled Toast...I've found an app that really does a terrific job converting videos and another app burning them. Toast would have been good...if actually worked.

Reaction score
I use several apps for different functions: for burning a DVD I use miDVD; for adding soft subtitles, Muxer; for hard subtitles I use Submerge 3; for converting videos I use Smart Converter (the free version, not the Pro).

I got all these from the App Store (MAC).

Let me know if you want more information about them.

Reaction score
Thanks for that information. Too bad you need to use so many separate packages, as I believe Toast can do all of those.

Thanks again.

Ask a Question