"This item is temporarily unavailable."

Reaction score
"Please try again later"

Hello all,

I have recently received a 2009 MacBook Air from a friend, after wiping the hard drive, and trying to reinstall the OS, It will always give me this error after signing in to Apple ID.
I've searched forums, called Support (what a joke that was), and seen a wide variety of answers. I've tried signing in with the original owners Apple info, before and after using the "get help online" to sign in to iCloud. I have tried installing the OS to a jump drive, still gives me the error. I have been fighting this for a week now, and on my wits end.
I tried taking it into the Apple Genius bar but was promptly turned away because i did not make an appointment, even with 7 "geniuses" standing around in a circle and talking, which is hard for me to do, since the closest "bar" is two hours away.
This whole ordeal has completely turned me away from Apple for being IT friendly (I'm in the networking/pc field).
I just want to install the os and give it to my girlfriend for Christmas!

Thank you for any and all help in advance!
-Fretfury

Reaction score
First, what OS are you trying to install?

Secondly, from where are you "getting" the OS from?

Third, from where are you trying to install (re-install?) the OS from?

Reaction score
1 - Maverick, its the only option it gives me (from my understanding, that's an outdated OS, that apple does not support anymore, hence why it cannot download it)

2 & 3 - The OS X boot launcher

additionally, I have tried using my sisters account, which she had gotten her Air from the same time (2009) and had Maverick as well as El Capitan on her machine. I don't have access to another Mac currently, but will be going to see my sister tonight, so hopefully i can create a boot drive on my flash from her Mac and install that way. Would i need to download Maverick from her apple store or could i go straight to El Capitan?

Ask a Question