Stubborn Process

Reaction score
I have been struggling for a while with following MAC process COM.APPPLE.SERVICE it seems to run on my Mac Air constantly, even if i shut down the process it restarts.

It creates massive SWAP file and freezes my computer overtime and seems to be capturing screenshots of my activity. Please look at the attached

How do I get rid of it ? how do I stop it ? disable it ?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen+Shot+2016-04-24+at+11.16.49+AM.png
    Screen+Shot+2016-04-24+at+11.16.49+AM.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 282
  • Screen+Shot+2016-04-24+at+11.18.56+AM.png
    Screen+Shot+2016-04-24+at+11.18.56+AM.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 303
Reaction score
You need to let us know 1) what exact Mac model do you have, and 2) what exact Mac OS are you using. Also, are yiu sure that process is actually named com.apple.IconServices?

Reaction score
It is AirMAC latest OS with latest patch. Yes it is, look at the attached it is shown there...the process name

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Some system processes cannot be quit, as they will automatically restart. From your second screenshot, it shows that the app iMonitor is running, which launches the com.apple.service process. I haven't used iMonitor, but it is an app available from the Apple App Store.

I am not sure which process is creating all of those JPG files. What size are they?

-Do you have any third-party apps such as MacKeeper or CleanMyMac installed?
-Do you have an antivirus installed and running?
-What is listed in  > System Preferences... > Users & Groups > Login Items in your user?
-What apps are normally running?

C

Ask a Question