Some Details About OS 10.12.1, First Sierra Update

Reaction score
My advice....

Pay no attention to new Mac OS releases until they are done with the version in question and have moved on to the next. For example, stick with El Capitan until they have released the last version of Sierra. And then MAYBE upgrade to Sierra. If what you have is working, don't mess with it unless you have a very specific and compelling reason to do so.

Reaction score
I disagree. It is always best to keep up with the Mac OS, as more and more software will become less and less compatible with prior versions of the Mac OS.

Also, posts such as mine regarding information about upcoming releases is beneficial. In fact, for some folks, it will resolve issues they are having.

Reaction score
Hi honestone,

Well, to each their own of course. You're right that over time software will become less compatible with old versions of OSX. That said, I'm typing this on Snow Leopard, and 95% of what I need to do still works fine on that OS. I am upgrading now though, mostly because I've recently gotten in to 3D and graphics work, and that does require a later OS.

It of course depends on one's situation. For most, anything that will do email and web surfing is probably sufficient.

Reaction score
Hi Ormond,

Well Said! Of course, the Mac model one has also restricts which "latest" OS one can install.

Ask a Question