slow mac mini with partially working trackpad and keyboard.

Reaction score
Mac mini mid 2011
2 gig 1333 mhz ddr3
Intel hd grafics 3000 288 mb
Osx 10.9.4 upgraded
Hi there just hoping for some help with progressive issues. A couple days ago I noticed browsing the net was slow, tried closing chrome and the whole system slowed down and hung. I restarted and found the restart time very long at about 15min. I managed to download clean my mac 2 and cleared 10 gigs of waste. No affect on the speed. Had a couple aplications hang again and restarted. After a long restart I found there was only partial fuctionality on my trackpad. Moving the mouse worked but no gesture or tapping control. Decided to USB clean install mavericks and while formatting the thumb drive I discovered my keyboard was partially disabled. Volume and some top keys work but no letters. I have replaced batteries, checked all settings and nothing. Im fine with wiping my hard drive but im afraid of an impass during re installation if my keyboard doesn't work. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Ask a Question