Screensaver closes after seconds only.

Reaction score
I run OS X Sierra 2016 on both an old MacBook (2009) and an i-mac (2011) & have noticed that 'screensaver' only runs for a few seconds on both machines.
Also, the setting for desktop background/picture is not stable. After setting (in sys prefs) it soon reverts to the Sierra mountain picture (the first one shown) on all or most of the 5 desktops I have enabled. This was also the case under El Capitan. Anyone got any ideas why these items should be happening?

Reaction score
Hi,

Are these your own creation images or the shipped Apple ones?

I use both the provided Mac pictures as well as a wide range of my own pictures from Photos.
Another odd effect is noticed when I click on random picture selection. It initiates an immediate change of the background picture. The Pogue Missing Manual not much help.

Reaction score
Hi,

Sounds like you have some process running somewhere that is causing an interrupt. The trick is to figure out which one is doing it.

Ask a Question