Screen of my iMac broke?

sof

Reaction score
Hi everyone, yesterday I was in YouTube and instaintly the screen of my iMac 2008 go like this... Please help, what I shold do now?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    391.7 KB · Views: 309

sof

Reaction score
Hello, thank you very much for your answer :) I have tried the two methods and now the iMac shows this (photo) and then it turns off.
Thank you once again for helping me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 376

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, if those didn't fix the issue, then it looks like a hardware failure. You data should be OK (no guarantees) on the hard drive, but it will probably need either a logic board or LCD panel replacement. Unfortunately, those models are obsolete/vintage, so Apple no longer carries parts for them. You may be able to find a third-party Apple Authorized Service Provider than may have the parts still in stock, but not likely. You may need to simply purchase a newer Mac.

-Do you have an Apple Store or AASP near you that could take a look at it to confirm?
-Do you have a current Time Machine or other backup of your data?

C

sof

Reaction score
Hi, exactly it was the graphic card, but I have repaired it, it still fonctional :)) threre are to many stores that repaire Mac in my city.
Thanks for helping.

Ask a Question