Safari crashing Maverick

BGC

Reaction score
Hello folks. I am running Safari 7.0.2 with Maverick 9.2. I am experiencing daily freezing/crashes of my system when Safari suddenly stops working and the busy spinning wheel appears. I recently installed the latest Safari version thinking this might be the problem, but it is not. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Also, how do you force quit a problematic program? I use the suggested keys which always worked on previous operating systems, but nothing happens.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
First of all, why are you using 10.9.2, when 10.9.5 has been out for quite a while? And, the latest version of Safari for Mavericks, 7.1, is also available. That version requires OS 10.9.4, so you could have issues if you try using that version with OS 10.9.2.

Secondly, does such behavior happen with another browser? Try the latest version of Firefox and see (here is a link to download it:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/10700/firefox

Third, here is what you could do:

1. Run Disk Utility to Verify and Repair Permissions, and Verify and Repair your hard drive.

2. Upgrade to 10.9.5 and Safari 7.1.

By the way, assuming your hardware qualifies, Yosemite came out earlier this week, and I suspect it has a newer version of Safari.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 13.49.09.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 13.49.09.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 464

lms

Reaction score
I have the same issue, 10.9.5 - it hangs the computer so bad that finder stops responding too!! No issue's using Chrome or Firefox!! Repair disk - no error's! Reinstalled the operating system, issue persist!! No hurry to upgrade to Yosemite as it may introduce more issue's.

Ask a Question