Repeat problem with sites that don't work

Reaction score
Hey. I have a 2011 MacBook Pro, running on Yosemite 10.10.2. A few months ago, I started to run into problems with speed (endless beach-balling) and worse, sites that no longer worked. When I tried to link to some of these sites, there would be "1x1 pixels" added to the URL and the screen would be blank. In other cases, like with the Virgin Mobile site, if I tried to get to the page to pay my bill, the site would just show the background colour, with nothing else.

I took my Mac into the Genius Bar and the guy there straightened it out but I have no idea what he did.

A few days ago, I shut down because I was going out of town. When I got home, I started it up and all of these problems are back.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reaction score
Have you been performing any backups to an external device? If so, there is hope.

Reaction score
Wait. What? I didn't do a reset, and won't, since I really don't want to go that route. Haven't lost anything... just am annoyed with the problems.

Reaction score
But, the question still remains: are you doing any backups at all to an external device? If not, you could be asking for trouble.

Ask a Question