Questions on BootCamp feature

Reaction score
I am wanting to use apples bootcamp feature. I have a few questions on it.

- Is is free

- Can I switch from mac to windows and all of my info I had on each system stay there

- If I switch can I switch back to mac

Any other help u can give me is great. Thanks!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of Mac OS X?
-Yes, Boot Camp is free and is included in Mac OS X.
-You will have to have a copy of Windows to install, which is not free.
-You can switch between Mac and Windows by restarting the Mac and selecting which OS to boot into.
-Data/applications for each OS do remain within their respective OS, but sharing can be setup.

Depending on what your use of Windows is, Parallels or Fusion virtualization software may be a better fit for you. You don't have to restart each time to use Windows with them.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of Mac OS X?
-Yes, Boot Camp is free and is included in Mac OS X.
-You will have to have a copy of Windows to install, which is not free.
-You can switch between Mac and Windows by restarting the Mac and selecting which OS to boot into.
-Data/applications for each OS do remain within their respective OS, but sharing can be setup.

Depending on what your use of Windows is, Parallels or Fusion virtualization software may be a better fit for you. You don't have to restart each time to use Windows with them.

C
Thanks for the info. I have used parallels in the past and it is not able to use everything I need. I think I might start using boot camp. Thanks a bunch!

Ask a Question