Question about Macbook imessage synched with iphone

Reaction score
I popped my cherry with this post. hopefully you guys and gals could help. If i am talking to someone on my iphone (imessage) and delete the conversation and then walk over to my macbook and open it will the message still be on the screen or does it delete when i delete the message on the phone?

( i am thinking of synching but its a family computer so just curious about that question)

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm sorry I don't own an iPhone otherwise I'd try this myself to see but I cannot tell you for sure … have you tried doing this yourself?

I understand you are talking about a privacy issue here, is that correct?

If so, having your own password protected account on the MacBook would help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,

If I delete iMessage conversations on my iPhone 4s running iOS 7.1.1(D201), they are retained on both my iPad Mini running same iOS and MacBooks running Mavericks OSX 10.9.2;)

All my devices are fully synced.:D So as SD said create your own account that no one else has access to.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

My iPhone/iPad/MacBook Pro act the same as oldscribe's. I assume it is because each device locally caches the messages. However, that only happens if I am using iMessage on all the devices. If I send a standard text message, then it only shows on my iPhone if iMessage is disabled on it.

C

Ask a Question