Printing

Reaction score
Hello, I hope somebody can help?
I don't know why this has changed but when I print anything the Mac is making me save the pdf on the desktop. Its annoying!
Can I turn this off somehow?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X?
-Which brand/model printer?
-Do you have more than one printer installed in  > System Preferences... > Printers & Scanners
-Do you have Adobe Acrobat installed and is there a PDF printer shown in the above preference pane?
-If more than one printer, which is set to be the default printer?
-Which application is having this issue, or is it all?

C

Reaction score
OS X Yosemite
Brother MFC-7860DW
Just the one printer
Adobe fully installed

Its when I they to print from Outlook. I used to press control and P to print. Now its asking me to save the doc before I can print. Its so annoying. The new Outlook is a problem. I get lots of PDF's that are gray and can not be downloaded.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the additional.

-Which version of Microsoft Office/Outlook - 2016?

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory,

How can I check the version on outlook. Its the new one. I only downloaded it the other day.

Reaction score
I have Office 2011 for the Mac, and the latest version is 14.6.8. To check which version you have, just launch any of the applications with Office 2011 (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.), and under the menu item with the title of the program (just to the right of the black Apple icon), click on it and select "About "Program Name"". So, for Outlook, after you launch it, go to the Menu Item entitled "About Outlook", click on it, and you'll see the version number.

If you need version 14.6.8, you can get it from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53799

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, so you only purchased Outlook 2016 itself and not the entire Microsoft Office Suite?

C

Ask a Question