Printer problem-pop up "No destinations have been added to the (destination list)??

Reaction score
Please help! I installed my two printers (did not use the disc, computer found the software) and tried to print and I get this pop up, "No destinations have been added to the (destination list)." What destination list? Never saw anything like this before.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Reaction score
Thank you for replying. Weirdly, one of the printers now works, and the other, not.

The HP software got immediately recognized and downloaded, seems to be working fine now after I monkeyed around with the utility menu on the printer.

The other one, Canon printer, the software had to be chosen from a pull down menu, and it isn't being read by my computer. I tried downloading the software from the Canon site, but that was a bust. And, of course, I can't find my original start up disk.

Oh well, at least one printer works!
Thanks again.
DG

Reaction score
Thank you for replying. Weirdly, one of the printers now works, and the other, not.

The HP software got immediately recognized and downloaded, seems to be working fine now after I monkeyed around with the utility menu on the printer.

The other one, Canon printer, the software had to be chosen from a pull down menu, and it isn't being read by my computer. I tried downloading the software from the Canon site, but that was a bust. And, of course, I can't find my original start up disk.

Oh well, at least one printer works!
Thanks again.
DG

What Canon printer model do you have? I have an MX890, and it works fine.

Reaction score
MF4700 Fax is the Canon Printer. It worked fine with my other apple desk top, so not sure why this new desk top is not recognizing it.

Ask a Question