Powering Down

Reaction score
Last 2 days after I click shut down, the screen goes black but then it turns itself back on. Then it gives me an error message that it was shut down improperly.

Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Please let us know 1) what OS you are using, and 2) the exact model of your Mac.

I for one have never had this issue, but are you quitting ALL applications before you shut down? That is one thing I always do. Not sure if it will make a difference, but good to try.

Reaction score
Please let us know 1) what OS you are using, and 2) the exact model of your Mac.

I for one have never had this issue, but are you quitting ALL applications before you shut down? That is one thing I always do. Not sure if it will make a difference, but good to try.

OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.2
Thank you for the suggestion, I do try to make sure that everything has been fully quit before I shut down.

Reaction score
OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.2
Thank you for the suggestion, I do try to make sure that everything has been fully quit before I shut down.

Thanks, Gail. Still need the exact Mac model you have. Are you still having the issue?

Reaction score
Thanks, Gail. Still need the exact Mac model you have. Are you still having the issue?

Sorry... The most recent is a mac mini, but it has also done it to my macbook pro and my mac aire... Yeah I'm thinking maybe apple just doesn't like me!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Can you post a picture of the error message … press Shift Command 4, the mouse cursor will turn into a crosshair. Then press the Spacebar to turn the crosshairs into a camera. Place the camera over the error message & click the mouse or trackpad. Then post it up here.

Ask a Question