Please help me get my WiFi functioning

Reaction score
I have searched and searched and not found help.

I can't connect to the Internet. I've tried every suggestion, from setting my DNS manually to changing my location, removing and replacing the WiFi interface to manually set the MTU. Frankly, I don't know anything about any of the things I've been doing.

For the record, I am told I am connected to the WiFi. But I can't access the Internet. For some reason I could download torrents, but couldn't access websites. Ping and traceroute access ips but not websites. No idea if that means anything. Also, it's no specific wifi network. I've tried multiple and other devices still work on those networks. I also tried to reinstall Yosemite. I may have screwed up because no settings were reset. This is a 13" MBP from Mid 2012 if that helps.

Please help. If you need any more details, or diagnostics run, just ask. Thanks!!

Reaction score
One thing to try is to go into Network Utility on your Mac then look at your IP Address. If no IP Address shows then go into the little scroll down menu the select Wi-Fi. Then copy the IP and go into the Ping section. Paste your IP in it and report back to me what it says!

Ask a Question