photo album directory

Reaction score
I seem to have lost the directory which guides me through my list of albums...online help keep telling me it should be on the left hand side of the screen. But I have a full screen of thumbnails. There is a new navigation system along the top of the page but it's limited.
In addition many of the albums are not appearing on the screen...many merged together under 'untitled album'..one has four years of pictures previously divided into albums. Has anyone come across this problem?
I have just done an upgrade ( on the advice of the helpdesk) but it hasn't changed anything. I think the albums are still there...because when I search it gives me the options. but they're not visible on the left hand navigation as before/usually.
any suggestions?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X?
-Which version of iPhoto/Photos?

C

Reaction score
I have OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and the latest version of Photos.
since I started the thread my 'iPhoto ' icon has reappeared. I did the suggested repair and a reboot. I now have the old system under ipjoto. But under the Photo icon, there's no directory navigation.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, try this in Photos:

In the menu bar click View > Show Sidebar

See if that restores the sidebar navigation pane.

C

Reaction score
thats solved it - thank you! I had a very long chat with the helpline and that simple click was never suggested ! however the arbitrary collections in albums remains. that'll be easier to tackle now with the directory restored.

Ask a Question