Old games won't boot

Reaction score
Hi! I found a couple old Mac games at Goodwill. Games from my childhood that I would love to be able to play again. Namely, Pocahontas Animated Storybook and Lion King Activity Center. The disk goes in, the finder window pops up with the application, but then when I click to run, I get the message You can’t open the application “Pocahontas” because it may be damaged or incomplete. So I ran verify disk in Disk Utility and it needs to be repaired, but the repair option isn't coming up. From the bit I could see of the log before it disappears, it says that the Master Volume needs repair. I fully realize that these games may just be too old to run on my MacBook Pro. But does anyone know how I might fix this? Thanks.

Reaction score
Way too old. I looked up the game you are talking about and see that it came out in 1995.

Any current Mac OS will have no way to run the game. It ran either with a 68xxx or a PowerPC processor. Macs use Intel processors now.

Your best bet is to find some type a emulator to run the game in. Here is a point in the right direction:

http://www.emaculation.com/

Tommy

Ask a Question