Need to Get Safari V 8.0.2

Reaction score
I am using the latest version of Yosemite, 10.10.2, and the latest versions of Firefox (my primary browser), 35.0.1, and when I need it, the latest version of Safari, V 8.0.3. Unfortunately, there is a critical website I need to access, but for now, it only works with Version 8.0.2 of Safari (does not work with V 8.0 or V 8.0.1, and also V 8.0.3).

I have hunted and hunted all over trying to find where I can get V 8.0.2, but no luck. Even Apple itself (whether its site or the App Store) does not have it (or at least I can't find it).

So, I would really appreciate it if I can get some assistance as to where I can get it. Yes, I did call the company about the issue, and all they could tell me is that their IT department is "working with the developer of the site" about this. Whoopti do, as it has been going on for quite some time.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Do you have a Time Machine backup? If so, you could try to manually navigate to a backup from January and manually copy the Safari app to your Desktop or your Home folder > Applications folder and launch it from there. It may or may not work depending on the underlying System files that 8.0.3 may have updated.

C

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't, as I use SuperDuper! for my backups. As for system files that V 8.0.3 might have updated, I believe that if I had a stand alone version 8.0.2, I could revert to OS 10.10.0 on one of my backups (as I make two of them each on separate external devices) and then "place" 8.0.2 into the Applications folder on that modified backup (as I have mentioned many times, the beauty of that is the SuperDuper! backup is bootable). Or, if memory serves me correctly, use V 8.0.2 with V10.10.1 of Yosemite.

Yesterday I actually tried something like that by re-installing V10.10 of Yosemite "over" one of my backups that I made last week (with version 10.10.2 of Yosemite), and I did get V 8.0 of Safrai. But, that did not work on the site. I did the same thing by updating that 10.10 "system" with the 10.10.1 updater, but surprisingly that gave me V 8.0.3 of Safari!

Reaction score
I actually discovered my issue by accident. For Firefox, I had the extension "AdBlock Plus" enabled, and that prevented the particular page from displaying properly. Same thing with Chrome. So, when I have it disabled, it works fine.

Reaction score
HA! Never thought about something like that.

Gad it's sorted.

C

Yeah, Cory, you got that right! Learn something new everyday. One thing, though, is that for most other sites I visit, I do not encounter any "significant" problems by having that extension turned on (available for all browsers, I believe).

Ask a Question