need some help

Reaction score
:confused: HI, thanks in advance for any help I recieve. I'm trying to help a friend with her computer she has a mac with os 9.2 I apologize if this is the wrong description, but I know nothing about mac puters.
Every time she uses her internet explorer, she recieves this message :"plugin< shockwave flash NP-PPC allocating more memory to internet explorer may help" How does one allocate more memory? Or does she just need to update the shockwave plugin? Or can she just get rid of it? If the latter how do you go about removing unwanted programs? Is there an add/remove
program within the OS, as there is with windows? Any help in this matter is appreciated.......

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

I can't give you a screen grab of what to try - no OS 9 any more !

A couple of things to try...

First locate the Internet Explorer Application 'Icon' try in Hard Disk-->Applications-->Internet Explorer then click on it and press command(the Apple key) and i

command i

This should bring up an info window, in here you can allocate more 'Memory' to IE.

Make sure to quit IE before doing this...

This page has an Application that will remove the plugin for you...

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157

Try these and let us know how you get on...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question