Need some help with a few things...

Reaction score
1st off new to mac, so some of thease may be 'dumb' questions =P

1: ok i dont know how to take a screen shot so click the little apple thingy in the corner, and you see 'Force Quit'? what the heck is that 1st key? (it looks like a '\' with somethin on the top and bottom) i looked over my keyboard and didnt see that key >.>

2: is it possible to get 'Dual Display' working on my mac? (mac book, with OSX 10.5.2 if that matters...), (what would be GREAT is to use the macs screen as monitor one, then have a 2nd display....), i have read some articles about this being done with 1 'external monitor' and you use that insted of the laptops monitor, but i dont want this.... i want to have 2 displays.....

3: ok i dont know if this is possible just asking =P, im able to get internet off of my cellphone to my laptop (where i am right now net = SLOWER then dial up >.< so using net off my cellphone works great) now is it possible to make it so thatway my laptop can also 'send' this signal to other computers? (i know windows can do this, iv done it before....)

thanks in advance!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
1st off new to mac, so some of thease may be 'dumb' questions =P

1: ok i dont know how to take a screen shot so click the little apple thingy in the corner, and you see 'Force Quit'? what the heck is that 1st key? (it looks like a '\' with somethin on the top and bottom) i looked over my keyboard and didnt see that key >.>

thanks in advance!

Hello SeanChiarot :)

That is the symbol for Option. You can see all the symbols if you go to Finder ~> Help ~> Mac Help, and type Symbols for special keys. I too was confused at that one when I started using Mac OS X ....

Regarding the other questions, I'll have to get back to you on them ....

Reaction score
sweet ^_^ thanks for the reply, look foward to answers for the other questions =P, well im off to google again,

Reaction score
2: is it possible to get 'Dual Display' working on my mac? (mac book, with OSX 10.5.2 if that matters...), (what would be GREAT is to use the macs screen as monitor one, then have a 2nd display....), i have read some articles about this being done with 1 'external monitor' and you use that insted of the laptops monitor, but i dont want this.... i want to have 2 displays.....

Yes, it's possible to get Dual Display on a Mac! Check out a Matrox DualHead2Go at http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/solutions/mac/

Reaction score
thanks for the reply but something cheaper would be great :D hahaha, like common i just baught a mac here -.- lol gotta wait for them kinda funds to acumulate in my bank XD

and i just noticed another thing to

i turned laptop on and the light for the 'isight' is on >.< and it wont turn off!....AHHHHH

Ask a Question