Need Help With Inbox - Icloud

Reaction score
I'm trying to help a friend with her email, but I'm a PC, and unfortunately, my knowledge of Macs is extremely limited.

Here's the problem: She and been exchanging emails with someone this morning. She tried to find the emails later in the day, but they was "gone". Looking at the Inbox of here mail app on her Macbook, the messages were not there. We did a search, and found the missing messages, but I noticed there were located in a place called "Inbox - Icloud". She has no idea why they are in this other Inbox. Looking in the left panel, we could see Inbox (which did not contain the messages), and another category called Icloud. I would think that the missing messages would be in Icloud, but I don't think it was clickable. She wants to see these messages in the regular Inbox. How do we make that happen>

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Cant explain this as it really depends on how she has all her mail boxes set up within there mail preferences.

She wants to see these messages in the regular Inbox. How do we make that happen>
Highlight all the mail she wants to move then right click one of the emails and from the drop down menu choose (Move To) then move all to the desired mail box.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Ask your friend to check her mail clients Trash for the missing mail.

We did a search, and found the missing messages, but I noticed there were located in a place called "Inbox - Icloud".

Your friends email address would need to be either @me.com or @icloud.com to be a valid iCloud email account.

If your friend has enabled her iCloud account in System Preferences she can log in with her Apple ID & password here:

https://www.icloud.com to check if the missing mail is there.

Reaction score
I'm trying to help a friend with her email, but I'm a PC, and unfortunately, my knowledge of Macs is extremely limited.

Here's the problem: She HAD been exchanging emails with someone this morning. She tried to find the emails later in the day, but they was "gone". Looking at the Inbox of HER mail app on her Macbook, the messages were not there. We did a search, and found the missing messages, but I noticed THEY were located in a place called "Inbox - Icloud". She has no idea why they are in this other Inbox. Looking in the left panel, we could see Inbox (which did not contain the messages), and another category called Icloud. I would think that the missing messages would be in Icloud, but I don't think it was clickable. She wants to see these messages in the regular Inbox. How do we make that happen>

Thanks for your replies. Considering the typos (which I corrected in the quote above), I'm surprised you could even follow what I was asking :oops:
The procedure to move the messages sounds pretty standard, but we need to find a way to get them to go to the correct inbox when received. Guess she'll be making a trip to the Apple Store.

Reaction score
You can not change what inbox email arrives in, imagine you had 3 flats in a row you expect the mail to go to the correct mailbox for each flat. Same for the Mac, the iCloud Mail must go into the iCloud inbox, the comcast into the comcast inbox the exchange into the exchange inbox. Each account has its own inbox and thats where incoming email goes.

IF it is not an iCloud email account and it has been set up as an iCloud account I would be surprised that it worked at all.

Reaction score
I spoke to my neighbor this morning. She resolved the problem with a call to Apple. I wish I could tell you exactly how it was fixed, but I wasn't there, and she's not computer literate enough to give me all the details. All I could get out of it was that she was told to go to some screen and uncheck something, and now all her mail from both her Mac and Icloud account show up on her Mac Inbox. I would have assumed it had something to do for Forwarding the mail, but she didn't mention it.

Ask a Question