missing letters when I type

Reaction score
my 13 inch powerbook has started missing letters and nmbers dring e mails, text notes, etc....as yo can see
I tried cleaning with alcohol bt no help

version 10.seven.five
2.9ghz I seven
8GB ram
What gives...any ideas???
Thanks.......driving me nts

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, the usual cause of this is a liquid spill.

-Has anything ever been spilled on the keyboard that you know of, especially around the area of the missing characters?
-Do you have any USB keyboards you can plug in to verify if it is a hardware or software issue?

My best advice would be to have the Genius Bar or other authorized service provider take a look at it and test it.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Has anything ever been spilled on the keyboard that you know of, especially around the area of the missing characters?
-Do you have any USB keyboards you can plug in to verify if it is a hardware or software issue?

My best advice would be to have the Genius Bar or other authorized service provider take a look at it and test it.

C
no....that is why I am confsed. It is almost new

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

C
what is the Genis Bar???

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

C
what is the genis bar

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
The Genius Bar is the tech support area at an Apple Store.

Let me know what you find with the USB keyboard.

C

Ask a Question