Microphone issues

Reaction score
Me and my friends frequently skype and I stumbled across this error which was pretty bad...
This is for my whole computer, not only skype : The internal mic is on, everything is supposed to work
but instead of hearing the mic, it hears the computer's sound as the mic's.
For example : I'm wearing headphones and skyping with a friend, he can't hear me, but if I turn on a video, he hears it.
Please help, this is so important to me.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X?
-Which version of Skype?
-In Skype > Preferences > Audio/Video, do you have Built-in Microphone (Internal Microphone) selected as the Microphone source?

C

Reaction score
OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5
The latest skype version, I even re-downloaded it to make sure it was the last version.
Yes, the microphone ( Built in Microphone ) is selected, but that wouldn't change much as I said, it isn't only for skype, but also in my settings;
when I spoke in the System Preferences > Sound > Input, I select Internal Microphone but still, when I speak, the input level doesn't change, whereas when I turn on a video for example, the input level changes and I see the sound.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...thanks for the additional information.

-Does the built-in mic work in any other applications, such as GarageBand, iMovie, etc.?
-Do you have any third-party audio utilities/applications installed?
-When did the issue first occur, after a software update?

C

Reaction score
So, I've checked on Imovie, Garageband and also QuicktimePlayer and they all have the same issue,
I have this application called "MorphVox" It's used to change voices
It first appeared at a normal moment when I turned on my computer and a friend called (skype)
, an there we discovered the issue.

Reaction score
It started re-working without the instructions above, must just be a bug.
If it ever happens again, I'll follow these instructions you've given me.
In any case I can't thank you again for helping me and wasting your time on me,
a complete stranger.

Ask a Question