MB Air failing at startup

Reaction score
At attempted startup my MB Air shows no startup screen but cycles through blank Grey, Orange, Green, Blue,and two B&W gradient screens.

Since it started doing this it has correctly started up one time and been perfectly usable but never again since that one time. A few weeks before this started happening the screen half of the Mac got accidentally forced back and the hinge and grey plastic cover at the left side was broken. The Mac did work perfectly for quite while after this happened.

Is there any chance that anyone might have experienced this. Thanks in advance for any help available.

Reaction score
Hmmm ... good thought Oldscribe, thanks. I am on the road vacationing at the moment so won't be able to try that until I get home in a week but will certainly look into it although I might have to buy a cable to suit the MB Air monitor port.

Reaction score
I connected the MB Air to an external monitor via a Mini Display to HDMI adapter and a HDMI cable with no results on this monitor other than a slightly bright grey screen. It did not display the changing coloured screens that the MB Air displays at attempted startup. I wasn't sure of the compatibility of this screen with the MB air as it is a 32" samsung that I use with a Mac Mini. Wasn't sure if the MB Air should be able to drive this big a screen so I hooked my wife's MB Pro to it and the screen worked fine with it!

Ask a Question