Mavericks Update Won't Instal

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here and I was just wondering if I could get some help with an issue I'm having. I searched for something similar but couldn't find info or a similar question I did find wasn't answered so it didn't help. If there is a similar question here already answered, please feel free to point me in that direction and I apologize in advanced.

So, this is the second or third time I try to update to 10.9.5. I'm told there's a new update that requires a restart, I restart, the screen shows the update downloading, etc. Once the laptop boots up I get a message that the updates could not fully instal or properly instal and that it requires another restart, so I restart. When I do and it boots up again, I no longer get that message but the app store window with the updates still states I have a pending update. I click on instal again and it restarts, boots up, and app store window pops up with the same update waiting to be installed. I've already tried it so many times, restarted my laptop so many times, I don't really understand what the problem is. I've checked About This Mac to see if it did in fact update and it's just that it keeps popping up on the app store but it still says 10.9.4.

I've attached a screen shot of app store, not that I think that would be of any help, but it does show that I've "updated" but that the update is still there...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 6.37.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 6.37.24 PM.png
    165.7 KB · Views: 311

Ask a Question