Macbook Pro start up issues

Reaction score
My Macbook Pro (mid-2012) stopped turning back on after shut down. It restarts and sleeps fine. I have to disconnect the battery then reconnect it and connect the power supply to get it to power up. I replaced the battery thinking that was the problem but it still has this issue. I am waiting for a replacement battery just in case that battery was bad (off brand), and I have performed an SMC reset but nothing works. Anyone else found a solution to this issue?

Reaction score
My Macbook Pro (mid-2012) stopped turning back on after shut down. It restarts and sleeps fine. I have to disconnect the battery then reconnect it and connect the power supply to get it to power up. I replaced the battery thinking that was the problem but it still has this issue. I am waiting for a replacement battery just in case that battery was bad (off brand), and I have performed an SMC reset but nothing works. Anyone else found a solution to this issue?
I am wondering if something is preventing it from shutting down properly because it is shutting down far more rapidly than it used to.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X?
-Have you repaired disk permissions?
-Could it be an issue with the power button itself?

C

Ask a Question