MacBook Pro 2011 beeping

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro 2011 edition which i added 16 gb ram into it. i dont use it as a main computer anymore but mainly as a portable one. I dropped my phone on the top left of the keyboard while it was on and it started consecutively beeping 3 times (beep beep beep... beep beep beep...) until it shut off and restarted. i looked at apple forums and it should be fine but i just want to make sure its not going to spontaneously combust in my sleep. I am very experienced with hardware so dont bother trying to explain words, i know them.

Reaction score
Does the beeping (or any other strange behavior) happen when you start up your machine, or when you use it? If not, then I would think you have nothing to worry about.

How long has it been since you upgraded the RAM to 16 gig, and especially in relation to when you dropped your phone onto the machine? If there was any such beeping, independent of the phone issue, that could be an indication that some/all of the upgraded RAM is not compatible with your Mac.

Ask a Question