MacBook not shutting down??

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2009 MacBook Unibody that I spilled recently spilled some water on, and everything works fine except for the keyboard and one other strange mlafunction: The computer will not shut down or sleep without restarting and going to the login screen. Even just closing the lid triggers this. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what part of the internals could be damaged and causing this so that I can either clean that connector/part of the logic board, or replace the keyboard(upper case). Is it possible for a shorted keyboard to be causing this, and that replacing it will fix the problem or is that too fanciful thinking? Could it be simply a matter or reconnecting the battery? I appreciate any help as the computer is very impractical to use right now!!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It sounds to me like the liquid spill may have damaged something internally, like one of the sensors or the logic board, which is causing your issue. We do not recommend cleaning/repairing the internals of your Mac, as they are not user-serviceable and can be damaged further without proper technician training.

I recommend that you take your Mac to an Apple Store near you to have a full hardware diagnostic run on it.

C

Ask a Question