Macbook Air 13 Modelyear 2013 Keyboard key issue

Reaction score
Hi,

I do have a problem with one key on my built in keyboard. The Dollar/Pound key is not working any longer.
This would not be a big issue, but the key is going automaticaly very regular. Means I get 100 of keystrokes which is very anoying and even overwriting my text.

Is there a way how to fix it or to switch this particular key off completly.

Thanks for your support

Gerry

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Do you mean there is a stuck key? When you press it it stays in the on position or it randomly even if not pressed, starts typing?

Is there any way you use to stop the key when it sticks? Like pressing the ESC key?

Does this happen within a particular application? Even when using a web browser?

Do you have an external keyboard you could attach for testing?

Has there been any liquids spilled on the keyboard?

Reaction score
The key does not feel stuck, but pushing the key gives no reacting at all. But randomly it starts typing and i only can stop it with escape. This is in all kind of applications.
I don't have an external keyboard to do some tests. Because I'm traveling on my Motobike, I only have limited posibilities.
Regarding Liquids, I'm not aware of any.

Ask a Question