Mac noob wanting help

Reaction score
Welcome, Designer. You'll find a number of folks here that are more than willing to help. Regarding asking questions, if you need assistance with something, it is best to first mention the following:

1. The specific Mac model you have.

2. The specific Mac OS you are using.

3. Are you making backups to an external device? If so, what software are you using for that?

4. Have you been performing any periodic disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs? If so, again what software are you using?

5. Any steps you have taken to try and alleviate the problem.

All of that is very, very helpful.

Again, welcome aboard!

Reaction score
Welcome, Designer. You'll find a number of folks here that are more than willing to help. Regarding asking questions, if you need assistance with something, it is best to first mention the following:

1. The specific Mac model you have.

2. The specific Mac OS you are using.

3. Are you making backups to an external device? If so, what software are you using for that?

4. Have you been performing any periodic disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs? If so, again what software are you using?

5. Any steps you have taken to try and alleviate the problem.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 7.24.27 AM.png

3. I did back up my photographs a couple of years ago, and since have updated the OS, and I think that might be why my Toshiba SSHD will not respond to "create a new folder" so I can transfer my photos as they now exist.

4. No. I recognize the importance of doing so, but I have not.

5. I tried to back up my photos onto the Toshiba SSHD, but it will not create a new folder.

Reaction score
I'm new, but I was wondering if this thread got answered. I value my time, but if this guy didn't get help then I'm not sure I would either

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi Expiration, this is the Introductions forum, if you have a question post in the relevant section & I'm sure it will receive attention.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Go to the top of the page, look for the laptop computer & just under that you'll see the word "Forums". Click on that word & you'll be taken to the page where you can choose the section that you think applies to your question.

Reaction score
Hi Expiration, to add to what Spawn_Dooley said, when you post an issue, please insure to include the following information:

Exact Mac Model you are using
Exact Mac OS you are running under
Backups - are you making any to an external device, and if so, what software are you using?
Disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs - have you done any, and if so, what software are you using?
Amount of free space left on your internal drive

All of that is critical, and it will make getting help that much more productive.

Ask a Question