mac mini accessories?

Reaction score
has anyone used any accessories for their mac mini? like usb hub, sound card for recording, etc? any recommendations?

thanks in advance

Ric

Reaction score
Hi dmxplosive, haven't used one yet, what sort of stuff are you thinking of doing, maybe we can still advise. Virtually eveything for regular Mac's will work on the mini...

regards

Ric

Some good looking stuff on the Apple site Mini Link

Reaction score
There's also alot of guides circulating around the web FAQ's if you will on how to overclock the mini. If your interested I could find you a good one or alternatively you could just go to Google :D

I'v heard it's quite easy but soldering is requierd.

Ric

Reaction score
Danster: really wants to get his soldering iron out !!!

BTW: first time I tried to overclock/modify I blew it up...go with caution. LOL

Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't mind giving it a go :)

Did your face go black Ric? Hair standing on end :D

Reaction score
If anybody's interested in over-clocking their mini look here

Over-clocking Guide

But I wouldn't do it if you have jittery hands because here are the size of the resistors :eek:

Attachments

• macmini_removed_jumpers.jpg
    macmini_removed_jumpers.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,636
Reaction score
well i would like to maybe capture video or audio (hook up keyboard and mic - if possible). i did get a usb hub for it.

Ric

Reaction score
Not a problem the mini comes with USB and Firewire so you will be able to hook up a keyboard and mic easily. As far as I know, the mini comes with iLife software so all the software you need for starting off in video capture- Audio etc is there for you.

Apple Quote "It Just Works. Manage your music for iPod or organize and share your digital pictures with ease. Connect your digital camcorder to Mac mini and start editing your masterpiece. Or plug in your electric guitar or keyboard and make music. How? With iLife, a suite of easy-to-use applications ready to turn your life into a digital wonderland. And Mac OS X makes it effortless — you won’t have to install extra drivers when you add hardware to your system. "

You want to go for the Superdrive option if you haven't already got a CD - DVD burner. It might make it easier for you, to make your own cd's and dvd's.

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Wow just spotted this !

Mac mini Wireless booster - 1 mile wireless network...

NEW Mac Mini 27dBm Transceiver

What can we say?!
Up to a mile of wireless networking range.

If you need the highest signal strength possible over the longest distances, then look no further. the 27dBm Transceiver for the Mac Mini pumps out an impressive 500 milliwatts of RF power - the built-in Airport antenna can only muster 30 milliwatts. Folks, that's "oh my gosh" power.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]27dBm Mac Mini Transceiver
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$180.00[/font]

They also do them for other Mac's

Ask a Question