Mac Mini 2012 Green Screen with HDMI :(

Reaction score
When connecting my Mac Mini 2012 to HD sony TV via HDMI cable it has a green tint to the screen.

I've tried two different HDMI cables

I've tried using a HDMI to MiniDisplay port converter

This issue is all over the forums, however, most people seemed to resolve the issue with the 10.8.3 update. Does any one know of this issue occurring with 10.11.6? (i'm running 10.11.6)

I'd really like to get the Mac Mini working with my Sony TV Bravia with a HDMI cable or Mini display port converter. The TV works fine with my 2008 Macbook.

:(

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Do you have another display to test it with, other than the Sony TV?
-Have you tried an SMC and/or NVRAM reset?
-Do you have any third-party video preference panes installed such as SwitchResX, or have you tried them?

C

Reaction score
hi there, thanks for your reply!!

I have tried NVRAM reset. When using SwitchRes I am able to get correct colours using 720p60(NTSC) setting and 720p50(PAL) settings. However, the scale of these resolutions is different to my TV (I end up with black space either at top and bottom of screen). The quality of the picture is also significantly reduced.

It seems that I need 1360x768 size but with the colour settings of the NTSC/PAL options (not sure if that makes sense to you).

Is this something that SwitchRes can do? How might I do that? I see an option to create custom display however it is inaccessible.

Reaction score
sorry forgot to mention, I've tried using an external monitor and it works perfectly. It's just with my Sony Bravia TV that i'm having difficulty.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Sounds like it may just be an incompatibility between the Mac mini and the Sony...or some preference. I have heard of this before.

I haven't personally used SwitchResX, so I don't have an answer.

-Which model Sony?
-What brand is the Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter - Moshi, Belkin, etc.?

Take a look here for a few suggestions: Mac mini + Sony Full HD bravia display

You should have several display options in the Displays preference pane for HDMI.

C

Ask a Question