MAC Installer

Reaction score
Just bought my first MAC so am quickly becoming a frustrated MAC neophyte. I am unable to install any programs because the installer needs a password and I have no idea where to find the installer and create a password. Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

When you install software, the installer will prompt you for the user password you created when you setup your Mac. It is the same password that you would use to login or change settings.

Let us know if you can't figure it out,

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...glad to help.

Let us know if you have any addition questions/issues...that's why we're here.

C

Reaction score
Actually I do have another question. I plan on installing Windows 7, most likely with Boot Camp. The MAC does not have a CD/DVD drive so was wondering if I copied the 7 disk to a usb would I be able to install with it? Thanks

Reaction score
Actually I do have another question. I plan on installing Windows 7, most likely with Boot Camp. The MAC does not have a CD/DVD drive so was wondering if I copied the 7 disk to a usb would I be able to install with it? Thanks

When you say "to a usb", do you mean a USB Flash Drive? That should work.

Ask a Question