Mac and racing games ie. nascar

Reaction score
I have MacMini 10.10.3 I have an early NasCar 2003 CD. I also have a momo wheel and pedals.
I am 77 and time moves on. I have not been able to run the above. What do I have to purchase
in order to use the NASCAR 2003 and wheel . It was suggested I get Microsoft Boot Camp to
install on mac and the rest would work??? If not NASCAR what racing game could I purchase that
would work on the above system using my wheel? I also have a second older MiniMac I could use
to upload another mac OSX system. I want to race......Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
-Is the NASCAR 2003 CD Windows and Mac compatible?
-Have you had the game installed on a Mac and played it before?

Unfortunately, that version of the game is 12 years old and probably on ran on Mac OS X 10.2 or 10.3, which are 7 or more versions behind. Usually, when games are that old, it takes quite a bit of work to configure your Mac to run them.

I wouldn't waste time, money, and effort on going the Boot Camp route. You could try and get Mac OS X 10.3 Panther installed on the older Mac mini, if it supports it. Then, you should be able to install the game, provided it is a Win/Mac version. I am not sure about the Momo pedals/wheel compatibility however.

C

Reaction score
Thank you for the most valuable info. If I could ask another question?The Nascar 2003 12 year old game that I have, Is it the same 2003
game for sale on Amazon?

Reaction score
Again thank you for your help. About six years ago my son played this game on my Mac mini 125Ghz Power PC G4 processor. I have retrieved
that Mini mac. It shows the question mark! however I wrote for help on the Mac Forum Tech help and got a complete response, which I
am going to try and boot it up. Then I am taking your recommendation and install 10.3.4 on it. That should be the same set up that
my son used.....The Nascar 2003 is the same. I am thinking that if my son played it, it must be a mac version. The Mac 10.3.4 cd that
I have is a copy? Thanks again.

Ask a Question