Kudos for GrandPerspective!

Reaction score
I recently obtained a Samsung 850 Pro 512 gig SSD, and installed it inside a nice, slim Orico external enclosure. I partitioned it into 3 partitions, with two of them for backups for each of my Macs. The size of those partitions is 100 gig each, with the remaining 312 gig empty for now. I did SuperDuper! backups for each of my machines to their respective partitions on the SSD, and it went fast. And, re-booting either machine from their respective SuperDuper! backup is fast also.

I of course need to manage disk space on each of my Macs, and in fact, doing a better job compared what I have always been doing. Well, I downloaded GrandPerspective earlier today for both of my machines, and let me tell you, that is a VERY handy utility. It helped me find some unneeded files that were taking up some space, which I subsequently deleted. Of course, one needs to be careful what they remove, which I was.

In any event, I just want to say that this FREE gem is just that: a gem! I highly recommend it.

Ask a Question