I've bought a new MacBook Pro, and made a mistake

Reaction score
Hello everybody

I've just bought a new MacBook Pro with Lion. I've had a MacBook Pro before so I'm not new to the Mac scene. Anyway, I was just diddling around making changes; energy saving, display settings etc. just customising it to how I like.

I've been on Leopard up until now and I noticed in Lion that when you open the Finder window there is an option at the top of Favourites that says All My Files. Basically, I didn't want it there, so I tried dragging it to Trash, thinking it would "poof" like when you trash applications on the dock. However, it didn't "poof" All My Files stayed where it was. However, there was something in the Trash. So, with out looking, I went ahead and emptied the Trash.

What I think I have done is deleted the piece of programming that enables the All My Files option. I was wondering if I could retrieve this some how?

Moreover, I've been having problems sometimes with Safari and other programs. The windows go a few shades lighter and I can't click on them. This might be linked to what I done with All My Files but I'm not sure.

Any help would be really great.

Thanks

Ask a Question