iTunes View Options and New Playlist Options

Reaction score
Is there anyway to set by default new playlists show in "Songs" view instead of "Playlist" view? When ever I create a new playlist it shows in "Playlist" view by default. I always have to go up to "View As" and select, "Songs" view.

Also when I create a new playlist a blank playlist window used to appear in the main window. Now when I create a new playlist I have to scroll down the left side nav and find the new playlist before importing songs. Anyway to set by default a new playlist window appears when you create the playlist?

Thxs.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the additional information.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to change the defaults in iTunes to address your questions. That is the way my copy of iTunes acts as well. Apple is really big on specific things as far as the user experience, so that is why it has evolved to the current state.

Sorry I couldn't have been more helpful.

C

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the additional information.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to change the defaults in iTunes to address your questions. That is the way my copy of iTunes acts as well. Apple is really big on specific things as far as the user experience, so that is why it has evolved to the current state.

Sorry I couldn't have been more helpful.

C

Thank you for your help. At least I now know there's no work around.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries - I wish they would allow more customization too. Maybe in a future release.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question