Itunes temporarily unavailable. Can't upgrage software on wiped computer.

Reaction score
I have a 2007ish MacBook Pro that was once belonged to an old friend of mine that is in perfect condition and normally in working order. The problem is, since we wiped the old Mavericks osx off of it, it refuses to let anyone log into the iTunes store and gets the error "iTunes temporarily unavailable. Try again later." The problem is I can't update the software without logging into iTunes and even though I have a back up program on disk, it's outdated. I know there is a way around this stupid software bump but it's driving me crazy and if we can't crack it soon I'm going to have to bring it in even though that's the last thing I want to do because I know they're going to try to tell me to upgrade etc.... There is nothing wrong with the macbook. It still connects to safari and has no other issues. Everything I have read about this talks about already having access to the desktop etc. nothing about starting from scratch with a blank hard drive. The wifi isn't the problem either since all my other Mac devices are fine on it and I never have had any other problems. Any ideas on how to solve this stinkin' beast? I've added a picture of all I have access to=\
image.jpg

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Is it stating that "iTunes temporarily unavailable. Try again later." or "This item is temporarily unavailable. (Try again later.)

-Since this is a 2007 model, it didn't ship with Mavericks, so that may be part of the problem if it is stating the latter above. You could always reinstall from the original grey discs that came with the Mac, then use the App Store to upgrade back to Mavericks.
-Are you using a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection? If Wi-Fi, you have to make sure you login to the Wi-Fi network before attempting the install using the Wi-Fi icon in the top right of the menu bar in the photo you posted, or the machine cannot "see" the App Store.

There are also ways to download the Mavericks installer on another Mac and create a bootable installer on an external HD or USB flash drive.

C

Ask a Question