iPhone backup

Reaction score
Help! A friend of mine's iPhone6 Plus is down for the count almost- screen flashes, can't always click on an item, dials people randomly without even touching the phone! Anyway, I did backup his phone to my computer. What I need to know is- does it backup EVERYTHING on his iPhone- music, contacts, etc.? Thank you! Never had to restore anything from iTunes before,

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello.

It depends on how things are setup.

-Which version of OS X and iTunes on your Mac?
-Which version of iOS on the iPhone?
-Is your friend using iCloud to sync contacts, calendars, notes, etc?
-When you did the backup to your computer, did it add their contacts and calendars to yours?
-Has your friend taken the iPhone to an Apple Store to have them check it out? It could just be a lose internal cable.

C

Reaction score
Hello.

It depends on how things are setup.

-Which version of OS X and iTunes on your Mac?
-Which version of iOS on the iPhone?
-Is your friend using iCloud to sync contacts, calendars, notes, etc?
-When you did the backup to your computer, did it add their contacts and calendars to yours?
-Has your friend taken the iPhone to an Apple Store to have them check it out? It could just be a lose internal cable.

C
Thank you for the response. A friend happened to stop by and checked the iCloud and got everything backed up ok. He is all set now. Thanks.

Ask a Question