ioS8

Reaction score
All,

Just to say upgraded both phone and iPad to new iOS, some very nice features included.:)
But beware if you use Numbers and Pages because once you have updated your device you can create edit etc between devices but your Mac won't be able to sync with them. You have to log into iCloud and edit the documents there. This is only until Yosemite is released and you install.;)

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
thanks for the headsup oldscribe … soon to inherit our son's iPhone 5 when he gets the Plus … my first apple phone so you're saying only Pages/Numbers from Yosemite save edits across devices? Maybe I need to stick with iOS7 then ...

Reaction score
Hi SD,

Enjoy the iPhone, mine is a lifesaver you don't realise how much you depend on them, when used as a mini Mac.:D On mine now.
Yes all is fine between IPhones, iPads & iCloud. :) But when you open pages or numbers on Mac to edit a doc it can't do it. ( needs Yosemite OS X ) :(
You can log into iCloud and edit the doc there, but it's long winded and time consuming. Although don't think its to long until new OS X release date so I can live with it. :D
And end of the day if your not going to upgrade your OS X then I would stay with iOS7.

Reaction score
Hi,

Here is a snap shot of the message box you get when trying to open a numbers doc on Mac.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-21 at 20.50.38.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-21 at 20.50.38.png
    207 KB · Views: 585

Ask a Question